Starting from scratch with a swg

Sure .. use as many socks as you like ... having the flow from the returns hitting the socks seems to get it dissolved into the bulk of the water quickly without the worry of some if it possibly sitting in the filter (if you put it in the skimmer).

Oh dear..I'm looking in my swg (Jandy AquaPure Ei swg) and these are the optimum numbers:
FC: 1-3ppm
pH: 7.4-7.6
CYA: 10-50ppm
TA: 80-120ppm
CH: 175-400ppm

I added a total of 8lbs of stablizer which should put me around 50ppm-60ppm of CYA...will that be okay or is my CYA too high?

Okay, CYA is fully dissolved and I'll test it next week (7 days, right?)..Anyway, here are the latest numbers:
FC 4
PH 7.5
TA 180

I haven't added salt nor installed the SWG yet..should I try to bring down the TA before adding the salt or does it matter? Oh! Also, the Water Balance for SWG says 300-400ppm above optimal level..the SWG manual says 4000ppm so am I really looking for 4300-4400pm?

Thanks again!

Assume that the CYA you have added is "active" and make sure you maintain the FC in the target range for the expected CYA level. If fully dissolved, it should show up in the test, but safest to wait close to a week.

TA and salt level are independent ... I might stick to closer to 4000ppm ... that is actually on the high end of most SWG I have seen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.