Starting back at the beginning... Need help!

ATpoolnoob

Apr 22, 2024
Raleigh, North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My husband and I purchased a home in the Raleigh, NC area in Nov 2021 with a pool that needed all the help.

We finally saved enough to redo the liner and replace all of the equipment. It's unclear when the last time the equipment was used. We are redoing the liner ourselves with a family member who replaced liners as a living and will be doing that in June. So before the liner is replaced I would like to get the equipment needed so we can start swimming as soon as the liner is installed.

We're so completely new to this arena and just don't know what I need or where to start. We would like to convert it to a salt water pool and do a sand filter with glass media. It's a grecian pool that's about 30k gallons. It looks like the lines hold water since there's water in the skimmer. Below are photos of the current set up.

I really just want a shopping list of stuff that I need to buy. The choices are overwhelming. We expect to use the pool frequently since we have three kids ranging in age of 5-9 and will be hosting lots of pool parties. Any vacuum suggestions are also welcome. We'd like it to be something that works pretty quickly and are happy to pay for speed. We also need a new ladder and a new diving board. The stairs have a hole in them and need some backfill so if you have any suggestions on things that we can do to help that, that would also be helpful!

Thanks!

Happy to answer any questions but any information would be so so helpful!

Attachments

• IMG_8150.jpeg
    IMG_8150.jpeg
    770.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8191.jpeg
    IMG_8191.jpeg
    578.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8192.jpeg
    IMG_8192.jpeg
    848.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8196.jpeg
    IMG_8196.jpeg
    667.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8200.jpeg
    IMG_8200.jpeg
    621.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8202.jpeg
    IMG_8202.jpeg
    429.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8203.jpeg
    IMG_8203.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8201.jpeg
    IMG_8201.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8190.jpeg
    IMG_8190.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8193.jpeg
    IMG_8193.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 10
My husband and I purchased a home in the Raleigh, NC area in Nov 2021 with a pool that needed all the help.

We finally saved enough to redo the liner and replace all of the equipment. It's unclear when the last time the equipment was used. We are redoing the liner ourselves with a family member who replaced liners as a living and will be doing that in June. So before the liner is replaced I would like to get the equipment needed so we can start swimming as soon as the liner is installed.

We're so completely new to this arena and just don't know what I need or where to start. We would like to convert it to a salt water pool and do a sand filter with glass media. It's a grecian pool that's about 30k gallons. It looks like the lines hold water since there's water in the skimmer. Below are photos of the current set up.

I really just want a shopping list of stuff that I need to buy. The choices are overwhelming. We expect to use the pool frequently since we have three kids ranging in age of 5-9 and will be hosting lots of pool parties. Any vacuum suggestions are also welcome. We'd like it to be something that works pretty quickly and are happy to pay for speed. We also need a new ladder and a new diving board. The stairs have a hole in them and need some backfill so if you have any suggestions on things that we can do to help that, that would also be helpful!

Thanks!

Happy to answer any questions but any information would be so so helpful!
Id say save your money and get regular sand for the filter. It works the same and is 10x cheaper.