Started conversion tonight - unsure if I'm testing properly?

Day 22, afternoon - I did vacuum the pool and as I hadn't did this to start with it ended up making the pool water all cloudy from the small particles not being filtered out. I put FC back to 15ppm after vacuuming and now it's at 5.5 2 days later and CC is at 1.5 (gone up to the level it was at on 6 days ago). I probably should have vacuumed the pool out prior to the conversion as all those piles I'm guessing contribute to CC levels but didn't want to take off the dome cover to be able to vacuum as water was too cold to get into. I guess I'm going for the longest conversion ever!

Also, I've been airating (sp?) for the last 4 days or so with the return jet pointed up like in the photo (sounds like we have a fountain). PH is now at 7.8 so I just added the rest of stuff I used earlier so will need to buy some more as I probably only had enough to bring it down to 7.6.

[attachment=1:1rulzbwp]airating.jpg[/attachment:1rulzbwp]

Photo of cloudy pool, the handle and hose of the vacuum is showing going down and disappearing into the deep end (5.5').

[attachment=0:1rulzbwp]Pool day 22.jpg[/attachment:1rulzbwp]

Attachments

• airating.jpg
    airating.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 78
  • Pool day 22.jpg
    Pool day 22.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 78
Alright, I think my plight with baquagoo is finally over! CC level is now at .5. FC is at 7ppm. PH is at 7.2. TA is 130ppm. CH is 160ppm. So, do I need to adjust any of the chemicals before I install the SWG? Darn, tested CC again with the 25ml at am at about .8 so not quite there and FC at 6.5.

I read somewhere that it's ok to get in a pool with FC up to 10ppm when using CYA. Mine is at 6.5 and tomorrow it's supposed to be 95 degrees so looking to get in and clean it better. CC is somewhere between .6 & .8 still.

Would it be alright to use Baquacil Flocculant to help clear out the smaller particles in the water?

Yes, it is alright to use their floc, though I don't really recommend it.

How high FC can be and still be safe to swim depend on your CYA level. It is safe to swim up to shock level for your CYA level, but that assumes that your CC level is near zero, which your's isn't.

JasonLion said:
Yes, it is alright to use their floc, though I don't really recommend it.

How high FC can be and still be safe to swim depend on your CYA level. It is safe to swim up to shock level for your CYA level, but that assumes that your CC level is near zero, which your's isn't.

So my CYA is somewhere between 70 & 80ppm, do you mean you can swim in the pool up to a FC of 7 or 8? CC is .5 on the 10ml test and .7 on the 25ml test so that's pretty close to 0. I've read that to not get any bad taste CC should be .2 or less. How high can CC be to be safe to swim in?

With CYA at 70 to 80, swimming is fine when FC is between 6 and about 20, so 7-8 is totally fine.

CC comes in several different forms, some of which are more trouble than others. If CC is below 0.4, swimming is fine, though at 0.3 you might well notice some bad smell/taste. With CC 0.4 or higher, how much trouble it causes depends on which forms of CC you actually have. I don't recommend swimming when CC is 0.4 or higher. Though there are a few forms of CC where that wouldn't be a problem, determining which form you have is problematic.

I went in the pool last night and cleaned and swam a bit underwater. The FC was about 12 (now at 6.5) and CC is about .6. Even at .6 my eyes didn't get red and the taste had just a slight chlorine taste. Overall it was much better tasting than when I had the baquacil in it. While I was in it I felt under the ladder steps and they were slimey so I rubbed them till they squeaked. Also a few left over rubber pool toys were slimey in parts which I also cleaned. Now I just need to figure out how to add the Aqua Trol RJ.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.