StaRite Cartridge Replacement

Sep 23, 2015
NJ
Hi Everyone,

I'm might be replacing my cartridge filter this season, and I was wondering, has anyone used these Eden Equip retrofit kit (link below)? if so, do you recommend them? any issues? according to the literature on the site, its suppose to have the same filter coverage and use better filter. However I would prefer to hear from someone thats currently using one.

Excel Filters Retrofit Kit Sta-Rite System 3 | Kit Replacement Cartridges

If the answer is no, then where do you go to buy the original cartridges ? because when I search online they are ~$500 :'(. So naturally wondering if there is a better place to buy them from.

ps. Just in case, my pool is 16 x 32, I have a staRite System3 500 sqft cartridge filter and I have a hayward super pump.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I haven't heard anything about Excel filters. I've been using Pleatco replacement cartridges in my Pentair filter for years. They work better, are cheaper and are easier to clean than the original filters in my filter. I don't know if it matters but Pentair bought Sta-rite a few years ago.

My filter is 520sf and uses 4 big cartridges that cost a few hundred bucks too. It might be orth a cal, to Pleatco to see if they make cartridges for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.