Stains on my Pebble Tec pool

Bronco4u

Aug 25, 2022
Sacramento
I read someone’s post about stain on new pebble Tec and I have the same problem! It’s a brown stain that I think is from acorns from the Oak Tree across the street and the squirrel’s bring it to my Pine Tree which hangs alittle over the pool and they drop the acorns after eating what they want! Does anyone know what type of stain remover required to remove them from Pebble Tec blue! I have the largest chips on my Pebble Tec and I don’t want to ruin it! HELP ME PLEASE 🙏

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If the stains are indeed from that thug of a squirrel vandalizing your neighborhood, they are probably tannin stains. They can be a bit stubborn, but chlorine will do it. If it's just a few spots, you might try gently rubbing a chlorine tablet around in the area (don't let it just sit though). Or try some cal-hypo on the stain. Let us know if that works for you.

Put up a no trespassing sign for the squirrel and be sure to bookmark our Pool Care Basics page. :)

christmas vacation squirrel GIF

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.