Orangevale, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I'm going to switch over to salt in a week or so and have a Pentair fiberglass DE filter and use fiberclear. I've always backwashed into a stainless separation tank and have heard different stories about whether the stainless tank will rust out quickly or not. I would use a backwash hose, but it would have to be 180 feet long. Should I keep the separation tank and see how it holds up eliminate it and go to using a 180' backwash hose?

Pool is 36k gallons, pebble-tec finish, two speed pentair pump, 60 sq ft Pentair DE filter running fiberclear.

How have you been chlorinating in the past? Sodium Hypochlorite and trichlor both add salt to your pool water. Likely your salt level is higher than you think unless you recently drained and refilled your pool. The salinity of the pool water with a SWCG is only 3000 ppm or so. Not high enough to rust your tank any quicker than your pool water in the past would.

Reactions: Zmann
+1, doofus to doofus. 😁

Poor quality materials weather from moisture. If its held up this far, it will likely do fine. The entire arguement against salt pools hinges on the salinity difference between 5% and 10% of seawater.

Getting a K-1766 salt test kit and use it for an accurate baseline before adding any salt is a must.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.