Stain removal

May 25, 2016
Richmond/va
Hi - i opened my pool this year to a weird discoloration in my deep end. It is more a yellow/green ahade (attaching picture). Some info on a situation that happened this past offseason to help with my question. I routinely pump my pool down with a sump pump as well as ground water around my pool for hydrostatic pressure. This past year i got distracted and took it down too far. In a panic i dropped the sump in my hydrostatic pipe and pumped water from around my pool to fill it back above ground water level (fiberglass pool). In any event, i wonder if that could be some of what im seeing although that still doesn't make a lot os sense to me. For now, i have tried ascorbic acid and rubbing a chlorine tablet on it - neither seemed to make a dent. I brush daily to hopefully wear it away as the pool balance works its magic but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts. Some of what i read on organic stains said it takes time (which is why I target brush it daily) but if there are other trick I would love to hear them. Once the water is warm enough i can get in to inspect - for know it is all from above which is a bit difficult.

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpeg
    IMG_2284.jpeg
    514 KB · Views: 9
I would've suspected either organic or perhaps iron, so it's odd neither of those tests reacted to the stain. :scratch: I couldn't imagine copper being the culprit unless you had a copper based algaecide settle on the pool floor. Even that's reaching. Perhaps some other trace minerals from the local area when you refilled the pool? This may be one of those times where purchasing Jack's Stain ID kit may help.