Sta-Rite SR400LP Problem. AFS LEDs on. Need help

If you kill the power to the heater and then power it up, is it still blinking? The one time blink is as indicated, air flow fault. You definitely have an odd one for sure. Especially since the ignitor isn't getting hot. Hmmm.

Just for the heck of it, remove the lower bolt on the manifold and see if any water comes out. Either side is fine to remove.

Strange things happen. An example of this was this morning I had a Sta-rite customer where the unit would light and go out. No water in the tank and no error LED's lit up. The Blower seemed a bit weak so for the heck of it I replaced the blower. Unit lit and didn't skip a beat. Strange!

Just for the heck of it, remove the lower bolt on the manifold and see if any water comes out. Either side is fine to remove.

Strange things happen. An example of this was this morning I had a Sta-rite customer where the unit would light and go out. No water in the tank and no error LED's lit up. The Blower seemed a bit weak so for the heck of it I replaced the blower. Unit lit and didn't skip a beat. Strange!

Thanks, I'll look at both - but can't do it today. Having a monsoon here today.

Thanks, I'll look at both - but can't do it today. Having a monsoon here today.

Took me a while to get back to this;

1) I powered down for over an hour then powered up. The Fenwal AFS LED stayed of until I turned the heater on. Then stayed on after I turned the heater off.

2) I removed the lower right (facing the heater) manifold bolt. Despite being only a year old the threads were quite rusty. No watered flowed out of the bolt hole.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

J

That bolt should be clean and free of rust but you also didn't get any water out of it so that is a good thing.

Seems like you have been thru checking everything but the blower motor. That is one item that will activate the AFS and if it is not running correctly will not allow the system to do much of anything. At this point I would have to keep pointing my finger at the blower motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.