Sta-Rite heater won't restart after reaching temp

Bryguymi

Apr 19, 2024
Central Michigan
Hello all, new here, thanks for listening. I have a 2-3 year old Sta-Rite Max-E Therm 220HD heater for my spa at my rv park. It will fire up properly and heat the desired temp (102), but then it won't restart as needed when temp drops. If I turn the unit off/on, it will again start up and heat, but will not restart automatically when more heat is needed. When this fault happens, the red "Service Heater" light comes on and no codes under the cover. This fault happens only after the unit has tried to start three times. Again, thanks in advance. Bryan

Hello all, new here, thanks for listening. I have a 2-3 year old Sta-Rite Max-E Therm 220HD heater for my spa at my rv park. It will fire up properly and heat the desired temp (102), but then it won't restart as needed when temp drops. If I turn the unit off/on, it will again start up and heat, but will not restart automatically when more heat is needed. When this fault happens, the red "Service Heater" light comes on and no codes under the cover. This fault happens only after the unit has tried to start three times. Again, thanks in advance. Bryan
Best guess is that the thermister (temp sensor for the heater) is failing. Easy repair.
You'll never find a better price for OEM:

Update......it was recommended to me to look into the Fenwal unit, which seems to be a sort of computer control board. So I swapped it out with another unit that I have that is operating without issues, andit now seems to be operating properly! So I guess I'll buy another Fenwal unit and put it in my other unit. :)