Annapolis MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I installed my SWG mid-season last year, so there was already chlorine in the pool and all the SWG had to do was maintain it.

This year after re-filling the pool, I’m starting with virtually no chlorine. The water is clean and clear thanks to my solid cover.

How do I establish the chlorine level when starting from square 1?

I’m thinking I set the SWG to 100% for a while until FC hits the level I need.

PS, I’m leaving the cover on so the chlorine doesn’t burn off faster than the SWG can make it while it’s playing catch up.

I’m leaving the cover on so the chlorine doesn’t burn off faster than the SWG can make it while it’s playing catch up.
That's one thing. But you don't want the water unsanitary and/or growing algae in the meantime.

Anytime you get close to minimum, 'now boost' it with LC.

OK, let’s assume I should SLAM it with liquid chlorine. I’ve only used granular shock in the past. How much Liquid chlorine should I put in a 15,000 pool?

Download PoolMath.

Set up a couple details about your pool, like the volume to get the app going. Then a bunch of tabs pop up such as 'FC'. Click on any of them to enter your start value and target value. Then scroll through the additions for the one you want to use. In this case, bleach, trichlor, dichlor, SWG, etc. Once that's selected it will tell you on the bottom to add 1.7 gallons (etc)

Sorry if these are dumb uninformed questions but…

After running my new Intelliflo3 at 1/2 speed and the SWG at 80%, my chlorine level has reached 4.0 The water is clear.

Should I still slam as part of spring startup, or is the SWG enough?

Reactions: proavia
Post a full set of current test results
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Water temperature

What test kit are you using? Add it to your signature - along with model numbers for all your equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.