Spring 2017 Build - MA

Congrats on surviving the dig. Also, thanks for pointing me to your thread in my my thread. The rock crew is suppose to be hear Wednesday to continue with our dig which was started Wednesday last week. They told me today they hope to finish it up on Wednesday and to move to plumbing on Thursday. Fingers are crossed, but the rock makes me nervous. At least 2 days of rock work is included in our contract, if needed, at no additional charge. Thank GOD!!!

Got walls, rough plumbing, and the concrete footing yesterday. This was all about 4 hours worth of work, these guys move quick!

The concrete truck driver was a maniac, drove the truck right up the dirt piles to get as close as he could with the pour. Had a good lean going on that thing! The pool guys were all amazed, as was I!

Got the equipment list finalized, had been holding out on this for a while trying to make some final decisions. We will have the following:

Filter: Sta-Rite System:3 Mod DE 60 sq ft
Pump: Sta-Rite Intellipro 2 VST
Heat Pump: AquaComfort (I think 108K BTU model, need to verify)
Salt: IC60
Automation: EasyTouch 4 with ScreenLogic interface
Lights: 3x Savi Melody Sol (28W) -P models that interface with Pentair controls

We will have a valve actuator controlled by the EasyTouch that will run the in-floor system for 3 or 4 hours a day with the pump on high speed for a cleaning cycle, then switch over to two low mounted returns in the deep end and run on low speed for another ~8 hours for filtering and chlorine generation. The two returns will be pointed down into the deep end hopper so the heated water will go into the deep end whenever the heat pump is running, reducing heat lost at the surface as much as possible. There will be two other surface returns that are plumbed into the water valve so they will operate on a zone with the floor system for surface skimming at high speed during the cleaning cycle.

Re: Inground Vinyl 23'x40' Aspen Build in MA

Update: backfill is complete, all plumbing to the pad is complete. Just waiting on electrician to run the power and speaker wire conduit to the fire pit and shed and get electrical inspection sign off so the patio guys can start. That should all be done before the weekend and the patio guys are scheduled for next week to do the walls and patio.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We're still probably 2-3 weeks out due to the amount of wall work and patio that's being done. We need a retaining wall all along that back side, plus they're doing a fire pit and seating wall, and over 1200 sq ft of patio. They are saying 2-3 weeks to complete all that work depending on how the weather cooperates.

One of the best things I have learned on this forum (other than, there are sweet people that take their time, unpaid, to respond), never trust a PB or a pool store. Why? Well, they want to make money and sell chemicals and crappy test kits.

Re: Inground Vinyl 23'x40' Aspen Build in MA

All the brick work got done this weekend. These guys were behind due to all the rain we've been getting so they worked both Saturday and Sunday and got this all done in two days! Setting up for the patio pour next which should be done this week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.