So to give everyone an update.
I asked the PB if there was anyway we can help us out with a "deal" as we are already over budget and he said no because they base the price on existing tile anyway. I asked him what the cost is for and he said labour and he is charged per cut. So at that point I let him know they were already cut so what deduction could I expect/ he said there is no deduction.

I honestly don't have the energy to argue and said fine we will just do 12. Which will cost about $300.
Ultimately I do respect that he has a charge and is sticking with it. What I don't understand is that a token gesture of even 14 for the price of 12 would have gone a long way to make us feel like they care.
It's not for me to tell someone how to run their business. This ultimately is a small issue.
Thanks for the input everyone. Hopefully the pool build is finished soon, I will be sure to post a finished update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philboy- these are 2x2 inch small tiles- nothing elaborate.
Appreciate the feedback on negotiating a good deal but it's more likely them making up margins on things they did not factor in or already had to fix- but they have also been pretty fair about this so I'm not too worried about that.. Either way I think we will end up getting a good pool for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our pool builder didn't charge extra for tile markers or benches. He said the markers don't cost much since they always have tile left over. He told me that he didn't understand why other builders charge so much for benches. That there really is very little added cost.
The tiles were placed during plaster. They laid them out before they started spraying and got my approval. Then set them during plaster along with our mosaic crab. He didn't charge us for the crab either. I was told they hate doing mosaics because they never turn out right. Well. Ours is missing an eye and part of its mouth. Lol. But it's ok. So I think they gave it to us so we couldn't gripe about it later. It still looks good. We didn't notice pieces were missing for a day or two.

Matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.