Splicing a power cord for a Pool Robot

dmckeever

Mar 15, 2021
Houston, Tx
So our puppy may have chewed through the low voltage side of the power cord. Has anyone had any luck splicing / waterproofing a power cord for a pool robot? I plan on trying Flex Seal, but if anyone has any experience in this, I'm all ears.

dm,

The dog at one of my rent house pools chewed halfway through an S200 robot cable. The tenant tried to repair it and I think it was more of less water proof, but.... That became the weak spot in the cable and it basically just twisted itself in half, after a week or two...

Just to be clear, one of the two wires was chewed in half, so a splice had to be used..

He had to buy a new cable at about $150 bucks... :(

From my experience, you only have about a 50% chance of getting the old cable out anyway... This is because the cable pins become corroded or welded to the pins in the motor housing.. Even if you just rip the old cable out, the corroded pins are in a one inch hole about 4 or 5" deep.. It is all but impossible to get anything in there that can clean the motor house pins up.. Sigh!!!

My suggest is that you can't make it any worse by trying to repair it.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

They make Doodads for that. I'd tie the cord in a knot and then use the splice so that the robot tugged on the knot instead of the splice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.