TheJohn

Apr 14, 2022
West Hollywood
It's beautiful, but it's a horrible design as someone could fall in and get seriously hurt. What kind of renovation could I do to fix this?

Suggestions so far:
1. A Grate: The ground is not level so the grate would not fit properly.
2. Netting: Nets would take away some of the aesthetics of the pool.
3. Fencing: The backyard is small. Fencing or a barrier would make it even smaller.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP!

Beautiful pool. I can’t think of anything that would help. Or maybe some lights to illuminate it at night. Specifically, trained to highlight it. I hope common sense would stop someone, too.

There's a lot you can do with black/cast iron pipe, fittings, and mounts. I'm sure you've seen the home improvement shows where they use pipe for shelving and furniture? It would likely require drilling and bolting a couple mounts in the sidewall and a maybe a couple more on the deck. Paint to taste. Here's and example that shows a variety of fittings you can find as individual pieces...

Another option is "deck railing" or something similar. Google for some ideas.

Also look up cable railing...nice but likely pricey.

These are only ideas...I'm not saying they're good ideas, but maybe they'll help get you there.

I dont see why a grating wouldn't work. the grating doesn't have to be level, it can sit at or below grade. You could also fill it with decorative rocks. Large round ones in the bottom to create a lot of air void space to be occupied by water, and small smooth ones on top to be pretty to look at.

Reactions: B.lu
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.