Spartan Pool Coping replacement options

Cricket0214

May 31, 2022
Lake Charles Louisiana
Hello everyone. I have read lots of posts about the Spartan Pool white aluminum coping issue but have not found anything on how to replace it or fix it without redoing the whole thing. My pool was put in a long time ago- 1980's and the coping is in awful condition. I am replacing the liner and would love a solution to the coping that does not require me to redo the whole deck! Any suggestions that include where to buy new coping would be great. Spartan no longer sells this coping and I think they are out of business.

Attachments

• spartan pool coping.jpg
    spartan pool coping.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 21
That stuff is long gone. There's the option of painting it and you can do a nice job w excessive prep work. You can also fab replacement couplings etc. Otherwise you cut back the concrete enough to substitute a coping stone or new coping pour and replace the track.

Be aware that there is a good possibility that if you remove your existing coping and install a new liner track on it and stone/paver coping on top of it, that it will not be level with the existing concrete decking/patio around your pool. Before deciding to replace your existing coping figure out what coping can be used and what can be done to make it work with the existing concrete or accept the replacement coping will likely be higher than the concrete. A new liner track (~3/8") and coping will be about 2" -2.5" above the top of the pool wall depending on the thickness of the new coping.

Reactions: billurbs
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.