Spa Valve Positions

251LCT

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2020
Newnan, GA
Is there a way to have 3 programed positions on the spa valve? When the spa is turned on, the spa valve automatically opens and pump outflow goes only into the spa. When the spa is turned off, the valve closes half way and allows cold water to replace the hot water in the spa. I would like to be able to close the spa off after heating for a day or two so I don’t have to re heat the whole tub. I would also like to retain the spillover from the hot tub when I’m ready to re-circulate the water.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7035.jpeg
    IMG_7035.jpeg
    429.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Is there a way to have 3 programed positions on the spa valve?
No, a valve actuator only has two positions. However, you can change those two positions to anything you want by changing the cam position internal to the actuator.

When the spa is turned on, the spa valve automatically opens and pump outflow goes only into the spa. When the spa is turned off, the valve closes half way and allows cold water to replace the hot water in the spa. I would like to be able to close the spa off after heating for a day or two so I don’t have to re heat the whole tub. I would also like to retain the spillover from the hot tub when I’m ready to re-circulate the water.

Thanks!

The EasyTouch should have a spillover/spillway mode so that you can program a spillover time period to refresh the spa. In order to use this feature, you need to setup the return valve actuator shown in the picture to be 100% spa OR 100% pool by changing the cam position. Then you will have the ability to set the controller for one of three modes via either timers or manual control:

Pool Mode: Pool Suction + Pool Return
Spa Mode: Spa Suction + Spa Return
Spillover Mode: Pool Suction + Spa Return

For periods of time where you do not want to run the Spillover mode, you would need to disable that particular timer in the control menu.

But one thing to keep in mind is that unless you have a cover for the spa, it probably will not retain much in the way of heat over a couple of days.