Spa spillway leaking underneath spillway?

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
I noticed the other day when the spa was turned off that there was no water coming over top the spillway, but water was still running down the tile.

My guess is the mortar is shot and I will have to get it fixed. Is this something I can patch myself? I called a repair company and they wanted $1200-$1600 to reset the spillway.

Any help would be appreciated!

In the picutre, the water is coming from the top grout/mortar area and running down towards the blue tile.

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_133037.jpg
    IMG_20200816_133037.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 15
My situation is a bit different that yours. Our spa spillway is all tile. Every couple of years, I can see where some of the grout has worn away. Sometimes it affects the smooth look of the waterfall. I patch the grout myself and disable the spillover function for a few days.

My situation is a bit different that yours. Our spa spillway is all tile. Every couple of years, I can see where some of the grout has worn away. Sometimes it affects the smooth look of the waterfall. I patch the grout myself and disable the spillover function for a few days.
Thanks for the reply. What should use to patch the grout?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.