Spa Side remote- not working, options?

crekha

Aug 2, 2017
Pearland
We have a somewhat old pool, built in 2003 (we just got the house a couple of years ago). The spa side remote stopped working, our home warranty company refuses to fix it. The pool service company says its $1000 to replace. Is there any better option? There is an indoor control, but it is painful to change the temperature, turn jets on etc.

Please tell us which automation system you have and we can help you. Many of them have a option to install a wireless remote but unless we know which one you have, we can't help much.

Is the remote totally inoperable? If so, have you confirmed that the remote hasn't just been disabled?

I think Jim asked you if all the buttons had stopped working? Or just one or two? That would be your only other option is if you could get by with only 1, 2, or 3 buttons working. Then you could switch your most used function(s) to the workable buttons.

Or try to find old stock on line. Quick E-bay search turned up nothing for me...
(But) If you could find one, I would only buy "still sealed in the box" products.

Here is an alternative that appears to be cheaper than the spa command, but would take a little more effort to get it going.

Pentair ScreenLogic Interface and Wireless Connection Kit Bundle 522104 | eBay

c,

The remote that I provided the link for in post #4 is a wired remote.. Depending on your layout it is some that you could add pretty cheaply. It is designed to be mounted just above the water line in the spa. Too late to do that now, but you could mount it just outside the spa.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You know, our spa side controller stopped working last year and I deliberately haven't replaced it. Not a great loss. Do you really need to constantly adjust the temperature, turn the jets on and off, switch the lights, etc. from inside the spa? I figure it's just another thing for the kids to play with and break.

I miss it. Yes, I can go inside and adjust whatever I want, but I dont like it. my kids like to turn on the water feature with the remote, now that its gone, we never even turn it on. We used the spa saturday, and it was a hassle having to get out and adjust

To each their own, but why not just turn on the water feature from the house before the kids get in the spa? Then off when they get out? What else do you need to adjust when you're in the spa?

If you absolutely have to have a remote, a basic 4-function controller is about $200, and they're simple to install.

I dont want to have the water feature all the time....they turn it on for a while when in the pool, and turn off after a bit (its loud). There are just too many thing, yes, to each...but I definitely miss it. I was in the spa, and wanted to turn the heat up a bit more, I could not unless i wanted to get out, dry myself, go in and do it.

anyways, now the indoor panel is dead, so we have to replace everything. Considering going with screenlogic

C,

ScreenLogic is less than $400 and works very well for me... I love it, but use it mainly from my PC. I would not want to drop my new phone in the Spa.. It was bad enough when my wife washed it... :p

I also find a phone is just too small for me.. I would suggest an old unused tablet...

A pretty simple DIY install.

See this... https://www.sunplay.com/pentair-screenlogic-interface-and-wireless-522104

Thanks,

Jim R.

My Spa-Side remote controller is completed dead as well. The model is Pentair 520094, like this one, . Does anyone know how to replace it? One pool technician told me I have to re-run the wire from spa to the EashTouch 4 controller box. Really?

My Spa-Side remote controller is completed dead as well. The model is Pentair 520094, like this one, . Does anyone know how to replace it? One pool technician told me I have to re-run the wire from spa to the EashTouch 4 controller box. Really?

Jerry,

I believe that the remote and cable are one assembly, so that may be why they are saying they need to run a new wire.

Is this really your first post since joining in 2010??? Or is this just a computer glitch??? Is the signature the one for your pool???

Did it work before and now no longer works or has it always been dead since you owned the pool?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.