SPA PLUMBING

mas985- thanks much. i have more info. on the plans, if i am reading them right, it appears i do have 3" main spa suction line. on the diagram it appears the 3 jet loop may be more narrow than the 4 jet loop. today i attempted to slowly turn the 3 way valve to equalize flow and i did it! it was nice- good,equal flow from all 7 jets (both loops)! however i shut down the spa and have tried to duplicate this several times and have not been able to. when it works it is just like the builder said however i have not been able to do it again. if i have the 4 jet loop on and try to switch to both loops then most of the flow comes out of the 4 jets and just a trinkle out of the other 3 jets. also, when i have the 3 jet loop on one of the jets has a reduced flow compared to the other 2. my builder went out of town and i have been unable to discuss with him. all input greatly appreciated and i hope there is a fix. when the builder sold this design to me it seemed like a good idea however now i wish i had a system where all the jets came on at the same time.

Shauney, sorry to hear of your troubles. I am probably only throwing salt in an open wound but I wanted to share my setup (jets) with you. During my build, I specifically detailed what I wanted from my PB concerning my Spa. I wanted enough agitation in the spa where I truly feel like I was getting a great massage on my back from the jets. I have 8 jets, 2.1/2" line (pressure side) with adjustable jets (I can control the pressure from each jet in the spa). I was spec'd out for a 2HP Northstar and received a 3HP (free upgrade) Northstar. My spa is roughly 35 feet from the equipment. I am perfectly content with my setup. I have included a shot of my spa before gunite. It probably does not help at this point. But, I wish you luck in finding an answer.

06092342.jpg

I agree with Jason. It really sounds like you have a problem with the 3 jet loop. I would focus on that and try to clear out anything that may be blocking the pipe. To do this, you must remove the entire jet fixture. Depending on the type, it may mean an additional nozzle inside the pipe. If you don't feel comfortable removing the jet, then wait until the PB gets back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.