Silver Supporter
Feb 23, 2022
Dickinson, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have the EasyTouch 4. Everything works fine in spa mode. When I turn if off, it does a minute or two cool-down circulation and then immediately goes into spillway mode, dumping the entirety of hot water. It stays in spillway until I turn that off. Then, it reverts to pool mode, slow setting, which I have to turn off. Where should I start if I want to troubleshoot the programming. Normal and needed for some reason I don't know yet? I don't think I would ever get my pool-school/Pentair back out, as he bailed and disappeared on me after I declined his weekly pool service.

Tox,

Do you actually turn off the Spa mode and then turn on the Pool mode? Or when in the Spa mode, do you simply push the Pool icon?

Does your spa constantly spillover into the pool when in the Pool mode, or do you actually have a Spillway mode set up in your EasyTouch?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Tox,

Do you actually turn off the Spa mode and then turn on the Pool mode? Or when in the Spa mode, do you simply push the Pool icon?

Does your spa constantly spillover into the pool when in the Pool mode, or do you actually have a Spillway mode set up in your EasyTouch?

Thanks,

Jim R.
I turn the spa on in spa mode as shown by rep to push the V button to operate valves and turn on spa. Then, push it to turn off, but.... now I'm maybe seeing a correlation to other valves, like spillway that button controls?? Like I said, I'm figuring this panel out as I go. Am I just incorrectly engaging the spa? Show me once, but I gotta do a few times and know what I'm doing before it sticks.

Yes, my spa constantly spills over during pool mode, and I have a spillway mode set up in EasyTouch.

Tox,

If you have the spillway mode set up, your spa should not spillover into your pool unless you turn the spillway mode on.. :scratch:

Something is not right...

Can you show us several pics of your equipment pad tomorrow?

Also, show us a pic of the control panel on your EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Nope! All at the panel.
OK -- the Valves button has Pool, Spa, Fill (spillway), and Drain. So when you push that button to turn off the spa, you need to push it three times to get back to Pool. (Further review this is in Service Mode for Fill and Drain. ).

If you can find a used Protocol Adapter on eBay, I can explain how to get Screenlogic on the cheap.

Last edited:
Tox,

If you have the spillway mode set up, your spa should not spillover into your pool unless you turn the spillway mode on.. :scratch:

Something is not right...

Can you show us several pics of your equipment pad tomorrow?

Also, show us a pic of the control panel on your EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.
That's the way they set it up. In pool mode, when pool and spa are circulating together, there's a slow fall over the split-face, which the wife likes to always see happening. On spillway mode, pump kicks up and all return water goes to spa and a sheet of waterfall spills over. I was able to take some pics of equipment/valves and panel and will post when I get to office. Thanks much!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK -- the Valves button has Pool, Spa, Fill (spillway), and Drain. So when you push that button to turn off the spa, you need to push it three times to get back to Pool.

If you can find a used Protocol Adapter on eBay, I can explain how to get Screenlogic on the cheap.
OK, that's making sense. The Pentair contractor was to get me a better deal on the Screenlogic than my PB, he said but never quoted me, but after my initial schooling on operation we can't connect it seems. I didn't think a big issue till now. I will look up the adapter and post pic to make sure. Is the install and set up very IT technical or pretty easy as DIY?

If you can find a ScreenlogicII Protocol Adapter, it is pretty easy. You use a Wireless Access Point at the ET box to connect to your network.

Tox,

Normally when someone has the spillway mode set up, it is because they do not want a constant spa spillover. In your case you have something called a make-up valve that feeds water to your spa when in the pool mode, this causes the spa to overflow into the pool. Your make-up valve is just above the label saying, "Pool Return". If you every want to shut the overflow off, you just need to turn that valve so that all the water goes down to the pool returns and nothing goes up and into the spa return.

Since you are using the V button to switch between the Pool mode and the Spa mode, I don't understand why you think the spillway mode comes on, as it should not do that. Next time you switch between modes, look at the two electric valve actuators and see if they both move at the same rate. If the Intake valve (the one in front of your main pump) moves a lot quicker than your Return valve (the one after the heater) that could cause your spa to look like the spillover was on.

Having an EasyTouch without some remote control is almost like not having an automation system at all, as you have to go out to the pad to do anything. I suggest that you look into getting ScreenLogic. Here are a couple of Screenshots of what it looks like on a PC, but you can also use a phone or old tablet.

View media item 163921

When I turn if off, it does a minute or two cool-down circulation and then immediately goes into spillway mode, dumping the entirety of hot water. It stays in spillway until I turn that off. Then, it reverts to pool mode, slow setting, which I have to turn off.

I can't see any reason for this to happen.. Unless it was in the spillway mode before you switched to the Spa mode or you have a problem with one of the actuators.

Is the spillway mode scheduled? Does it turn on and off by itself, or do you always have to manually turn it on and off?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, Jim R. I don't think my wife will ever, at least at this point :), allow me to completely shut off her waterfall. It's not much right now, but some water flows over and looks pretty for her. In contrast, spillway mode is set up now to be very aggressive, and doubt that one is used much unless the grand-kids want to get under it, but, there's already a dedicated fall. I suspected that valve, and thanks for confirming. Learning my equip as I go and ask. I've read a few negative issues with constantly running some spillover, mainly with scale and aeration. Any I should really be concerned?

I think last night's issue was my punchy finger on the V button and not realizing all else it controlled. No, my spillway mode was just an afterthought programmed and not on timer. Thanks all!

I now fully realize the true value of that interface, as well as the value of a SWG. Both are on the list of next items. Those pics truly sell that Screenlogic for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.