Spa leaking water when Blower is on

salty87

Gold Supporter
Jan 31, 2017
Texas Hill Country
Typical spa elevated above pool with spillway into pool. Everything is fine until the blower for the spa is turned on. Then one side of the spa has water leaking, running down the stacked stones. Doesn't leak a drop when the blower is off.

I've never messed with the spa or blower plumbing so no idea what's happening. Also a little confused, though very grateful, that it's not leaking when the blower is off.

Do I need to pull the spa apart to access hoses? Eek

Thx

How old is your pool/spa?

Sounds like you have a leak, probably a bad glue joint, that the blower exposes when running.

How high up does it start leaking? Jets are a bit low v. outside wall elevation. Are you sure the excess agitation is not pushing water slosh to some gapping between coping and beam?

The pool/spa is 7-8 yrs old. It's definitely coming from the side wall of the spa. Hasn't ever leaked before with the blower on and nothing on the inside of the spa has changed or opened up.

I don't really need to run the blower as we hardly use the spa but don't like the idea of a potential leak. I wonder how well the stacked stones are attached to expose the plumbing.

Post pics of your spa and the leaking area.

I am sure your spa pipes are buried in gunite and the stone is attached with thinset to the spa wall. It will take some surgery to get to the pipes.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.