Spa jets don't work well until the blower runs for a bit?

dfwnoob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Feb 27, 2022
DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
This is a random problem I've had ever since I reinstalled the heater soon after we moved in. I have no idea if it happened without the heater because there was no reason to ever run the spa. I finally figured I'd get around to asking about it because it's just so strange. Anyhow, if I turn on the spa, the flow out of the jets is poor with no aeration. There's definitely quite a bit of water coming out of them, but nothing crazy. However, if I run the blower for a short while, even just 20-30 seconds, and then shut it back off, the jets work great! Lots of flow, lots of pressure, aeration and bubbles.

I have tried to visualize the way Hartford loops and whatnot work in my head, but I am a terrible visual thinker :) My theory is that the loop/air line is getting filled with water and just normal operation of the spa (sans blower) does not create enough "force" to clear the air lines. But when the blower is activated, the rush of air clears the lines out and and air then flows freely, making the jets work "right" again. I'm just wanting to make sure this is normal and expected operation. Given that it's been this way for the year I've been using it I would assume it is, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Chances are there is water in the air lines. Turning on the blower blows the water out of the air lines. Once the water has been blown out, the lines remain clear for a while and allow air to be drawn in without continued need for the blower. When the spa jets are turned off, water seeps back into the air lines.

That makes a lot of sense and was in line with what I was thinking. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.