Spa jet sputtering? Clogged or under powered?

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
Trying to figure out whether my jet is clogged or it is underpowered blower. I have a 1hp Silencer. When the pump is off, the blower seems to be hitting all the nets properly. When the pump is on and then lower, it starts to sputter.

Any help would be appreciated.

When the pump is on and then lower, it starts to sputter.
Do you mean that when the pump RPM is reduced it starts to sputter? If so, that is not a surprise. Venturi jets require a minimum flow rate and if you go below that, they stop working and the blower simply just blows air through the jets. The high velocity of the water is required to push the air further out into the spa before rising. Slowing down the water means the air will just rise as soon as it hits the spa.

Why are you reducing RPM?

Do you mean that when the pump RPM is reduced it starts to sputter? If so, that is not a surprise. Venturi jets require a minimum flow rate and if you go below that, they stop working and the blower simply just blows air through the jets. The high velocity of the water is required to push the air further out into the spa before rising. Slowing down the water means the air will just rise as soon as it hits the spa.

Why are you reducing RPM?
Thank you for reply.

No. The video taken had the jets at max RPM. PB is coming to look at it on Monday.

I just don’t know why the one jet seems to be going on and off.

If you have only one jet that has an issue, it could be something clogging the jet nozzle. You can try flushing the lines by remove all exterior fittings plus removing all interior jet nozzles and then flush the lines with the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.