Spa Jet Pump

BlueBaron

Bronze Supporter
Aug 27, 2020
Orinda, California
I have a 2400 gallon spa inside my in ground pool. The spa has a dedicated pump for the spa jets. The pump motor appears to have died. The pump is a 2002 Pentair Super Flo 1.5 hp single speed pump. Should I replace the motor in the pump or should I buy a newer (vsp?) Pentair pump? I only run the spa jets about 30 times a year. My pool is not automated, but I plan on adding the Intellicenter in the next year. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP. Please enjoy all the articles and videos
Recommended Levels
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
If you are not aware - by July 2021 the new laws will require variable speed pumps for pools and spas with motors above 1 hp.
Not mandatory to change immediately but as pumps and motors are replaced they will need to be upgraded to VS.
Also since you will go to automation in future - it may be best to go with a VS pump as a replacement.

You can still buy single speed motors and they can still be used for other purposes such as water features (not part of the new law).

Welcome to TFP. Please enjoy all the articles and videos
Recommended Levels
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
If you are not aware - by July 2021 the new laws will require variable speed pumps for pools and spas with motors above 1 hp.
Not mandatory to change immediately but as pumps and motors are replaced they will need to be upgraded to VS.
Also since you will go to automation in future - it may be best to go with a VS pump as a replacement.

You can still buy single speed motors and they can still be used for other purposes such as water features (not part of the new law).
Thank you, I find TFP to be incredibly useful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.