Spa Blower issue: bubbles/air come out of the jets when the spa pump is off. But stops when spa pump is turned on

mfiske1

Jun 16, 2023
Powell, OH 43065
I have a 2hp blower that I noticed recently stopped blowing bubbles. Today I realized that all of the jets blow air just fine when the blower is on but the spa pump is off. If I turn the spa pump on at 2500rpm, the jets furtherst away from the blower stop blowing air. And if I max the pump out at 3450rpm, all jets stop blowing air. It’s as if the pump is competing with the blower.

Any ideas on what could cause this or how to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks!

Spa blowers don’t work well with pumps running. It creates back pressure making it hard for air to enter the spa. I have installed a few of these and customer’s always call back telling me the same thing. They will work for a few minutes with the pump on then the safety feature will kick the blower off. Most can get them to run longer with the pump on low.

Spa blowers don’t work well with pumps running. It creates back pressure making it hard for air to enter the spa. I have installed a few of these and customer’s always call back telling me the same thing. They will work for a few minutes with the pump on then the safety feature will kick the blower off. Most can get them to run longer with the pump on low.
That’s interesting. It worked fine without every shutting off and lots of bubbles from every jet even when the pump was on high for my first two seasons.

I’ve had customers with that same Jandy blower. Maybe it’s just that brand, but the same issue. I just tell them run the pump on low and it stays on longer.
Spent some time on the phone today with Jandy. They said it’s definitely not normal behavior for the air to stop blowing through the jets if the pump is running higher RPM. It was escalated to a senior tech who said it’s 100% either poor plumbing design or a blockage.

I have a 2hp blower that I noticed recently stopped blowing bubbles. Today I realized that all of the jets blow air just fine when the blower is on but the spa pump is off. If I turn the spa pump on at 2500rpm, the jets furtherst away from the blower stop blowing air. And if I max the pump out at 3450rpm, all jets stop blowing air. It’s as if the pump is competing with the blower.

Any ideas on what could cause this or how to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks!
Try removing the flap in the check valve below the blower. Your spa must be very high above the pool for a blower to be installed that high.

Reactions: oldprophet
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.