Spa Abandoned Equalizer Lines Question

Pilgrim6

Aug 17, 2023
Cupertino, CA
Hello - I am new here and forgive me if some of my terminology is off as I am not very familiar with spa plumbing.
Our small communities spa has been leaking for more than a year and after two (2)! skimmer and equalizer line replacements, a leak detection tech suggested we abandon the equalizer lines and they have now been plugged. I have been tasked with finding two 1.25” slip in spa equalizer grates. I can only find 1.5". Any suggestions on where to look?

I am confused. If you plugged the equalizer lines why are you needing grates?

Show us pics of your situation and what is plugged and where the grates need to go.

Please post larger pics that we can see detail.

It looks like there is a grate there. What is wrong with what is there?

Maybe @1poolman1 @swamprat69 can tell from that pic.

Over several different attempts to repair leak by several different companies, the grates have gone missing. I am looking for 4" round top with 1.25" slip-in.
Have the leaks been repaired? Those covers in the picture are VGB compliant, though they may be at the end of their approved life (5 years). The green dot should indicate the year of manufacture.
They appear to be Paramount RDX Retro or Aquastar with retro adapter covers. If the lines are active they have to be replaced with the same on a commercial property. If they have been disabled (plugged) and it is permitted by whatever authority has jurisdiction, there is no need to replace them, or just use the same type for show only.
There doesn't appear to be anyone that makes a 1.25" knock-in anything, and they wouldn't be legal for VGB use if the lines are active in any case. There are definite mounting requirements that have to be met.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.