Southlake, TX Pool: Deck Questions

AimeeN

Feb 23, 2015
Southlake, TX
I just signed a contract for my first pool. I could use some advice on my decking. I am going to have three different concrete finishes. I have existing slab and then we had additional concrete poured to make our patio larger. Now I'm going to add the steps and pool decking in salted concrete. I'm thinking about tearing out the swept concrete and repouring it to be salted concrete. Thoughts or ideas?

PoolDraw1.jpg

Nice to meet you, Aimee! I'm Suz. I'm building my first pool and last pool. Well, the pool builder is building it for me. Thanks for sharing your plans, and keep the pictures coming!!! My eyes have been around a while, so it's a little hard for me to see the details of your plans. I'm on my pc, so I'm afraid it's my eyes.

It looks like you've got the whole rectangular-shaped pool thing going on, and I always enjoy the rectangular pools. Fits well with my sequential-thinking brain. What size will your tanning ledge be?

As far as decking materials go, I'm not very familiar with the different concrete deck materials. Personally, I like variety of levels, surfaces, textures, and colors. But I've been told that I don't manage that well. It usually turns out too busy-looking, yet others seem to carry it off beautifully! The bottom line is this: My friends ask my opinion on design/décor options just so they know to do the opposite!!! That's why I don't dare give you any of my ideas!!

But there are plenty of people on this forum with technical experience and great design taste who can share their input and experience! Welcome and enjoy! Take care. Suz.

We are very happy with our salted concrete deck. But, I'm not necessarily in the camp that says everything needs to match. A little variety is good.

We were worried about the salted concrete application. We really didnt like the sample our concrete guy gave us, it looked nothing like the salted concrete finish we have seen. We ended up going with the Travertine stamp, it looks just like the salt finish.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.