South Texas Viking "Poseidon" Fiberglass Install (Before & After Pics)

Several things prompted me to do the work:

1 - The tiny composite material pad was not level. It tiled backwards towards the shed and water would collect back there. In addition, the weight of the filter caused the pad material to bow slightly over time. By extending the size of the pad and placing the filter on brick pavers, It's on a solid base. I also wanted to have PLENTY of room on the pad to work and expand later if needed.

2 - The original installers had my return pipe from the filter outlet to the 3-way valve at an angle. This later caused my SWG cell to be at an odd angle making it too close to the ground and difficult to get the unions to fit flush to the cell. So I manipulated the PVC angles to change the position of the cell, got it elevated well off the ground for easy maintenance, and now the cell is perfectly horizontal and fits well in the unions.

3 - I removed the C-1200 filter. Sanded and repainted it. It was badly faded and the fiberglass rubbing off onto my skin. I also replaced the original 10-year old pressure gauge with a new glycerin filled gauge. Looks like new again. I also positioned it on the pavers for a more solid base, and wanted plenty of room for a larger filter replacement (i.e. Swimclear 4-cart) when this one finally bites the dust.

4 - New pump. I had a brand new Hayward Power Flo Matrix I previously purchased quite a while ago when I suspected my Waterway Supreme might be going bad. Almost identical designs.

4 - New check valve and 2-way valve ahead of the pump. The original installers had the check valve partially buried in the dirt. :hammer: Ridiculous. I also created a new/longer line above the ground to give me more room for future work between the check valve and 2-way valve.

Now I'm laying more pavers and beginning the clean-up phase.

Reactions: Casey and Newdude
Looks good, I even thought it was a new filter until I read you sanded and painted the old one.

I like how you left plenty of room on the pad for those Ozone/UV and mineral systems with room to spare for a cleaner booster pump.

Several things prompted me to do the work:

1 - The tiny composite material pad was not level. It tiled backwards towards the shed and water would collect back there. In addition, the weight of the filter caused the pad material to bow slightly over time. By extending the size of the pad and placing the filter on brick pavers, It's on a solid base. I also wanted to have PLENTY of room on the pad to work and expand later if needed.

2 - The original installers had my return pipe from the filter outlet to the 3-way valve at an angle. This later caused my SWG cell to be at an odd angle making it too close to the ground and difficult to get the unions to fit flush to the cell. So I manipulated the PVC angles to change the position of the cell, got it elevated well off the ground for easy maintenance, and now the cell is perfectly horizontal and fits well in the unions.

3 - I removed the C-1200 filter. Sanded and repainted it. It was badly faded and the fiberglass rubbing off onto my skin. I also replaced the original 10-year old pressure gauge with a new glycerin filled gauge. Looks like new again. I also positioned it on the pavers for a more solid base, and wanted plenty of room for a larger filter replacement (i.e. Swimclear 4-cart) when this one finally bites the dust.

4 - New pump. I had a brand new Hayward Power Flo Matrix I previously purchased quite a while ago when I suspected my Waterway Supreme might be going bad. Almost identical designs.

4 - New check valve and 2-way valve ahead of the pump. The original installers had the check valve partially buried in the dirt. :hammer: Ridiculous. I also created a new/longer line above the ground to give me more room for future work between the check valve and 2-way valve.

Now I'm laying more pavers and beginning the clean-up phase.
Why am I not #1 on this list of promptings? :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.