RaysPoolPresence

Jun 29, 2023
Tulsa, OK, USA
Hi all,

New to pool ownership.

Filled pool to well beyond half way of 9 foot side and see today its about where it was yesterday.

Not the first time, but I had a leak from multiport valve and its been 100 degrees here In OK so previously wrote it off.

On the 3 foot side, which was much higher yesterday, the skimmer basket is quite cracked (see attached).

Ive done some research and seen some recommendations but none of the skimmer basket's injuries look quite as severe.

Im afraid I dont have the proper terminology for what it is Im really looking at.

Does anyone have recommendations? any advice would be welcome.
saw someone mention A+B epoxy putty. this seems more like it might need to be filled first though?

Attachments

• PXL_20230719_175341882.jpg
    PXL_20230719_175341882.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 27
Hi all,

New to pool ownership.

Filled pool to well beyond half way of 9 foot side and see today its about where it was yesterday.

Not the first time, but I had a leak from multiport valve and its been 100 degrees here In OK so previously wrote it off.

On the 3 foot side, which was much higher yesterday, the skimmer basket is quite cracked (see attached).

Ive done some research and seen some recommendations but none of the skimmer basket's injuries look quite as severe.

Im afraid I dont have the proper terminology for what it is Im really looking at.

Does anyone have recommendations? any advice would be welcome.
saw someone mention A+B epoxy putty. this seems more like it might need to be filled first though?
You can fill the area with newspaper, a pool noodle, basically anything that will keep the repair from falling in while setting, as a backing and then fill with hydraulic cement about 1/2" thick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.