Lucywa

Jun 14, 2021
London, UK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, I am just getting my pool going for summer and having a few problems. I have put loads of chlorine in but it doesn’t seem to be registering. It did start off dark green and is now a much lighter green so we are getting somewhere. I just change the sound in my sound filter and it seems to be working much better now so that’s good news. I have put some algicide in it, but not sure what to do next to try and get it clearer.
I am tempted to put more chlorine in, but not sure about the colour of the total chlorine reading, and if that is a good plan.
Do you think it is safe to swim in this green colour?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Best wishes, Lucy

Attachments

• IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1782.jpeg
    IMG_1782.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1781.jpeg
    IMG_1781.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 12
Are you familar with the SLAM Process. That is the only way to rid the pool of algae.
Also, you need a proper test kit - can you purchase the Taylor K-2006C kit in the UK? That is needed to read proper FC levels.
You have made some headway but the algae is consuming all the chlorine so you have to keep the FC level high.
The test strips are useless because as you say, hard to read and also they only give a range. A proper test kit will help determine exactly what is the chemistry and what needs to be done to remove the algae.

Algaecide is more harmful than good. Only use liquid chlorine to get rid of the algae.

Thank you so much. We are getting there.
I bought some Chlorine stabilisers, to go with the liquid chlorine.
I noticed that it says don't use in above ground pool ... is there a way I can use it. As have bought it now?? Dilute it lots before adding?

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 11.01.30.png

To rid the pool of algae, only use liquid chlorine - the LiquiPak seems to be fine although can you find the % of sodium hypochlorite is in it? You may need 10 bottles of that stuff. (just a guess right now)

Did you have a chance to read SLAM Process?

There is no need to use stabilizer as that is not needed at this point. It may be needed later and the reason they say not to be used in above ground pool is that it a form of acid and they say to throw it directly in the pool or put in a skimmer. This is not the proper way to disperse it. We can show you how to put it in a nylon sock or stocking and let it hang in the pool. However do not do this just yet.

Have you considered to purchase a proper test kit? If not, we are just guessing as to how to help you.

You probably don't need the stabilizer...At the very least you want to wait until your test kit arrives before using it.

Is that liquipak just bleach? Some of those types of cleaners have additives to change the viscosity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.