Some General Diamond Brite Questions

Redstar7t

Nov 7, 2021
Ohio
Hello,

I had my pool resurfaced with super blue diamond brite last fall. As I get closer to it being a year, I have a few items that I'm going to have the plaster company fix under warranty (couple small spots of spalling). I have a few questions about the nature of diamond brite as I don't know if they're problems that the plaster company should look at or not:

- The plaster has some mottling of dark and lighter blue areas, I don't really mind and think it looks good. Along with the mottling, the darker spots are rougher than the lighter spots. The darker spots feel like sandpaper while the lighter spots are smooth. The rough spots don't hurt, it's just noticeable texture difference when walking on it. Is this normal?

- In the deep end there is a long brown streak/stain that was there from the beginning of the re-plaster, I'm guessing somebody got mud on the wet plaster or something. The plaster company said this stain would fade from chlorine. Close to a year later its not really faded much. I'm guessing the stain is mixed in with the plaster. Should I have them acid wash this one area?

Thanks

Talk to the palster company and see what they offer to do.

We caution about acid washes which take a layer of plaster off and reduce the life of the plaster.

If you can reach the areas try sanding them with 80/100 grit wet/dry sandpaper and see how the color and texture changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.