Jan 8, 2016
Pearland, Texas
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I am selling a 7 year used FNS 60 Plus DE filter.
It has been in use and was removed from service today (4/7/2023).
The reason for replacement is that it is too big for me to service by myself and I am allergic to DE. My kids have moved on !
I just installed a much smaller cartridge filter, it may not be as efficient as a DE filter, but at least I can service it myself.
I replaced the tension control clamp in Dec 2021 (have receipt). Pentair part # 190003.
Of course, this is sold as is with no warranty.
Please click on the photo to view the whole filter.
I am selling it for $400. Please let me know if there are any questions.
Local pickup only. Pearland, TX.
Thanks for your consideration.
Puertex

Attachments

• FNS 60 Plus C.jpg
    FNS 60 Plus C.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I just opened and cleaned the Pentair FNS 60 DE filter.

This is from 2016, which makes the filter at least 7 years old.

When was it installed?

Do you have a picture of the filter with the label?

Reactions: HermanTX

This is from 2016, which makes the filter at least 7 years old.

When was it installed?

Do you have a picture of the filter with the label?

Hello James,

You are correct, the filter is 7 years old and was removed from service today 4/7/2023.
I will make the correction.
It was an oversight on my part and I did not pay attention to when my pool was built. heck the information of when my pool was built was clearly shown in my signature !
I have to say that the filter band was replaced a year ago and is in good shape.
Are you interested in the filter?

Thanks,
Puertex

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks pretty oxidized, how much do you want for it?

I have never heard of anyone being allergic to DE before.

How do you know that you are allergic to DE?

Maybe you are getting fiberglass on your skin when taking it apart?
James,
Thanks for your feedback !
I have updated my ad to correct the age of my oxidized filter.
Also, I learned a long time ago, that just because I have not heard of something, it doesn't mean it is not true.
It may just mean that I don't know. However, it takes some people a long time to come to that realization.
Maybe you have not been exposed to DE like I have. Have you ever used DE before?
Its kind of weird that this is a documented issue yet you have never heard of it...
Now, after I have updated your knowledge about DE (for free :), I am just going to wait to see if I can get someone else to be interested in my filter.
I should have thought twice before placing this ad in this forum if I knew I was get scrutinized like this :) This is a lot of work!

See below statement (Source: National Pesticide Information Center) Diatomaceous Earth General Fact Sheet

What are some signs and symptoms from a brief exposure to diatomaceous earth?

If breathed in, diatomaceous earth can irritate the nose and nasal passages. If an extremely large amount is inhaled, people may cough and have shortness of breath. On skin, it can cause irritation and dryness. Diatomaceous earth may also irritate the eyes, due to its abrasive nature. Any dust, including silica, can be irritating to the eyes.

Puertex

You should never breathe DE dust as that is a known problem.

Obviously, anything you get in your eyes other than clean water is going to irritate them.

I have used DE many times and I have never had a problem with it.

You used the term allergic, which I found questionable.

If you have had itchy skin after cleaning the filter, the problem was most likely due to fiberglass fibers from handling the filter.

The only time you should ever really be directly exposed to DE is when adding it dry to the skimmer.

At most, you might get a tiny amount of dust on your hand or arm, which can be quickly rinsed off.

What is the lowest price you will take for the filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.