Solar Panel plumbing question

took the cover off today as it was totally sunny with a high of 72 and got another 5 degree rise (66 to 71). I only lost 1 degree overnight with the cover on so it looks like the solar panels are doing their job & keeping the cover off during the day allowed the sun to warm up the water as well.

For those with solar panels, I'd like your input as to my results here in cool PA. Today was my 7th day using my new solar panels. Over the past week, the daytime temps have ranged from 65 to 72 (mostly sunny each day) and nightime temps in the mid-upper 40's. My starting water temp on day 1 was 60 degrees and currently, after 7 days of running the filter 8 hours per day, my water temp is at 75. Considering the daytime temps have never come close to 75, I'm thinking my results are better than should be expected, especially since the nights are cold (my solar cover is off during the day & on at night). Is it safe to assume that once the outside temp reaches 80, i should have no problem maintaining a mid to upper-80's water temp.??
Thanks

Wow, you are doing very well!!! That cover at night makes a huge difference.

Weather here has been upper 80s lows in the 60s and my water seems to be hovering around 80, since I lose almost as much heat at night without a cover as I gain in the day.

Seems reasonable that you should be able to keep the pool in the 80s if you keep using the cover. If it gets too warm, see how you do without the cover at night, or even run the solar at night to cool the water.

piezon50 said:
For those with solar panels, I'd like your input as to my results here in cool PA. Today was my 7th day using my new solar panels. Over the past week, the daytime temps have ranged from 65 to 72 (mostly sunny each day) and nightime temps in the mid-upper 40's. My starting water temp on day 1 was 60 degrees and currently, after 7 days of running the filter 8 hours per day, my water temp is at 75. Considering the daytime temps have never come close to 75, I'm thinking my results are better than should be expected, especially since the nights are cold (my solar cover is off during the day & on at night). Is it safe to assume that once the outside temp reaches 80, i should have no problem maintaining a mid to upper-80's water temp.??
Thanks

I would say that will be no problem based on what I've seen with mine and what you described in the post above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.