Fallbrook, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello fellow TFP'ers, Really need some guidance. I have FAFCO panels, the kind that each tube is separated from the other. Tonight I noticed a pin size hole about 3" from the top manifold. Has any one had any luck repairing them? I have tried to fix the one piece panels with plugs before but they always seem to leak. Ultimately I always had to replace the panel.

Hello fellow TFP'ers, Really need some guidance. I have FAFCO panels, the kind that each tube is separated from the other. Tonight I noticed a pin size hole about 3" from the top manifold. Has any one had any luck repairing them? I have tried to fix the one piece panels with plugs before but they always seem to leak. Ultimately I always had to replace the panel.
It takes 4 plugs to stop a leak. Cut the tube top and bottom. Three inches is close. Two plugs on each end. Should work.

Reactions: Pool Fool 2
I ordered the plugs. Unfortunately there wasn't enough length in the tube to insert them and while doing it I created a new leak where the tube and manifold meet. So I had to cut it off where the tube and manifold meet. I was thinking a fat screw or some sort of epoxy might work. Any suggestions on how to plug the manifold?

I ordered the plugs. Unfortunately there wasn't enough length in the tube to insert them and while doing it I created a new leak where the tube and manifold meet. So I had to cut it off where the tube and manifold meet. I was thinking a fat screw or some sort of epoxy might work. Any suggestions on how to plug the manifold?
My panels are solar pool supply which I understand are heliocoil private label. The repair kit calls for plugging at the header so maybe that kit would work for you. Heliocol Solar Panel Repair Kit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.