solar panel installation

Okay...just got off the phone with them. I sent him the pic and he said...no, that wasn't what was supposed to be mailed..it IS a vacuum breaker but for something different. He is mailing me the correct one. Glad to know I'm not crazy! :)

photo.jpg~original

This is an end cap vacuum release. It is suppose go into the end of the header pipe. It works more like a check valve than the float valve. This is the type VRV that I have on my system.

Okay...I've received all the extra parts and correct valve. My next question is about the valve and how it is installed. Is it "cemented" in with pvc cement, clamped into the pvc (maybe using flex pipe) or what? Here's the pic of it again...

p_part_vacuum_breaker3_d.gif~original

So, there's no indication from the outside that it is screwed into anything nor does it provide a place for anything to be screwed into it except for the 90 degree elbow.

I know *where* to place it just not what the best *how to* is! ;)

This project is very close to being done! All I need to do is connect the plumbing at the pump (only had 1 small leak and it has been fixed!) with the panels on the roof and we should be in business!! This will be a major project off my back! It's been 3 years in the making....I sure hope it all works because I'm already past any warranty that may have been available!
:D

Thanks so much for all your expert advice! I tell everyone I know with a pool about TFP...it just can't be beat!

:lovetfp:

That style assembly is designed to install into a length of rubber hose like you have between your panels, and to be held in place with a hose clamp at the end of a panel row in place of an end cap. Alternatively you could use just the brass part and screw it into a threaded PVC T fitting and plumb that going into your panels. You do want it to face up preferably either way.

photo.jpg~original

This is an end cap vacuum release. It is suppose go into the end of the header pipe. It works more like a check valve than the float valve. This is the type VRV that I have on my system.
Yeah, the guy said I could keep it and use it until I received the right one. But, I wasn't ready to install it yet anyway, so guess I have one for future use if need be!

That style assembly is designed to install into a length of rubber hose like you have between your panels, and to be held in place with a hose clamp at the end of a panel row in place of an end cap. Alternatively you could use just the brass part and screw it into a threaded PVC T fitting and plumb that going into your panels. You do want it to face up preferably either way.

Okay...thanks! I did order another of those rubber hoses because I didn't cut it in two since I was going by the layout in the "manual" and didn't think I needed to. I had already bolted the panels in place before I came to ya'll about the flow..of course! ;-). I can do the PVC though....I think I have the piece I would need already.

Awesome! Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.