Solar panel for AGP

kyden

Aug 21, 2018
Canada
IMG_2520.jpg

This is my set up. Apologies for the poor camera angle. I have a new Coleman AGP and am very new to this (pool has been up a week). The panel will eventually be set at an angle on a fixed platform, but for the time being this works. I understand the warmed water only goes through the one inlet, but can we set up a second panel to the other outlet instead of putting the two panels together? We didn't set up prior to the pump because the piping is larger and doesn't fit into the fittings for the solar panel.

Just to make sure, the solar panel should be on the clean/output side of the filter (so debris does not plug the heater)
If this is input (before the filter) I would definitely not want to have the heater on both sides because you currently have the option of vacuuming without it going through the heater.

If they are both pool returns (clean water) then there is no problem having the Y before separate panels.

Welcome to TFP!

Judging by your picture a large portion of that will not be in sunlight most of the day. During this time it will actually act to actively cool your pool. The pool water will warm up the black tubing which will radiate that heat out.

ok so I've confirmed that it's on the wrong side, as per the above suggestions. I bought 2 spare black 1.5" hoses, one to go from filter into solar panel, and one from the other end of the solar panel into the pool (clean water). Now the next tricky thing is to find adapters/couplings? as the hose I got just has bare ends on it, and it needs to be screwed into the solar panel and the pool return. Does anyone have a set up they can show me? I have no idea about plumbing and I can't find any youtube videos...

Also I know I don't have timber yet. I'm trying to figure out the hoses first and then set up an angled wall beside the pool where there is sunlight.

If the heater panel is like mine (with standard white PVC screw on caps at the end) , it has standard 1 1/2” pvc threads. I took the heater attachment as an opportunity to add some hard plumbing.
But you could probably just use a threaded to barbed (slip on) PVC connection.

IMG_2451.jpg

I can't post more than one photo on here, but this is my pool. 12x22 Coleman

- - - Updated - - -

If the heater panel is like mine (with standard white PVC screw on caps at the end) , it has standard 1 1/2” pvc threads. I took the heater attachment as an opportunity to add some hard plumbing.
But you could probably just use a threaded to barbed (slip on) PVC connection.

I'll try to take another photo of the plumbing, but for some reason I can't add more photos on here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.