Jul 5, 2017
Greenville, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi Guys,
So we got our pool finished in June. The pool is 22k gallons gunite with an attached spa. The pool is on the North side of the house. I was expecting the temps to not be as warm as our last pool because of the location but throughout the summer except for about a month the temp has been pretty consistently hovering around 84-85 degrees and this has been a very hot summer here in Texas. We prefer water temps closer to high 80s low 90s. I do not want to heat the pool with the propane heater would be ridiculously expensive we only use it to heat the spa when we want to use it. Wondering if we should consider solar heating. I am assuming it is similar to a heat pump better at keeping a somewhat consistent temp but can only raise it a few degrees? Anyone have experience adding a solar heating system after the fact? Approximate cost? Can this be a DIY project? About how many square feet of panels will it require? I have a 20'x25' metal shop about 40' from my equipment pad that has a side that faces due West I'd prefer to install the panels on if possible I just do not know if there is a maximum distance requirement. You can just barely see the shop a bit through the breezeway in this pic (equipment is under the breezeway).
IMG_3946.jpeg

Hello! :wave: I don't want your question to sit too long, so I'll try to help kick start it by tagging @mas985 who can probably answer a few of your immediate questions to help get this thread rolling. We do have many members with solar systems, so I would expect to see more replies as time goes on. Feel free to post back as much as you like. Have a nice weekend. :swim:

Reactions: Mcow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.