Solar covers?

Corrik

May 23, 2016
Pittsburgh/PA
Do yinz recommend solar covers, liquid solar cover, heaters, rings, etc?

My other half keeps complaining she wants a solar cover for the pool because she wants the pool warmer. I, however, know that she will never be able to keep up with removing it and putting it back on and so on.

What are some ideas and what is the best option?

Pittsburgh PA area for idea on weather here. 27 foot round above ground pool.

Cheapest 8mil bubble solar cover that you can get from a US seller on Ebay. No matter how thick you buy them or how much you pay, they last about 2 to 3 seasons. Might as well get a lighter weight version and just plan on spending $75 every few years. We usually cut ours right down the middle into two pieces to make it easier to pull off and on.

Reactions: jblizzle
I would disagree with you on one part of that. I buy the 16 mil. Yes, they do only last 3 seasons (especially here in WI), but the difference in thermal retention and heat gains with the thicker one is night and day. Plus, the heavier ones stay in place much better in windy conditions. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.