Solar covers - worth it?

wayner said:
I am a keen golfer so I have heard of Lake Nona since it is home to many PGA tour players.

me too... but so far I've only been able to meet people who know the famous ones. I play the local semi-private courses, not THE Lake Nona course... some day maybe. The gated community where the golfers live here is called "Lake Nona" and I've never set foot inside it (my wife and kids have managed an invite or two though). At some point I'm going to have a drink at Nona Blue GMac's new place - it's only a 4 minute ride up the road... but I have not managed to get there yet and every time I drive by it looks jam packed.

my pool is very irregular and would require a major cut job. what I did was purchase 2 cheep 15ft rounds which cover 80% of my pool. since its all about evaporation (I learned that from this forum) it works pretty well. I also made sure it was like 8mil so each piece is super light, easy to take on and off and I can store both in a really small space. if I have to throw them out every season so be it (60$). The savings outweigh the cost. my heat pump is staying off hours longer. we have 90 degree days and high 60 nights right now.
As far as late night, my wife and I can jump the spa if we don't want to remove the solar covers...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.