Solar Cover

Well, I proved myself wrong. A cut up cover can blow around in the wind. We are having wild gusts today, switching directions. We just put the cover on yesterday for the first time, and I guess it was not properly "waterlogged", but the middle strip section blew up in a wad and blew the two semi-circle pieces around during the night. The result was losing my precious heat. I continued to have the problem all day today until I went out and sank all the pieces by pushing them down into the water with my wall brush so that they have a layer of water on top of them, and then putting my two sweeping poles on the leading edge of the narrow strip where it starts to peel back. The poles fill with water and those things are actually quite heavy and effective weights. Looks like the cover will stay put now.
I was really surprised, because we used the cover for 6 windy weeks in the fall and never had this happen, but we started with much warmer temps, and the cover was one big piece for a couple weeks before I cut it up, so was pretty well saturated by then. Now I know to get the thing good and wet and weight it for spring start up. I will be interested to see how long this is a problem.
Solar panel installation update- 50% complete.

budster said:
Or, you could buy an aboveground solar reel:
premiumhandlepic.gif

Just another option to help stimulate the economy. :mrgreen:

Can I ask what brand that is & if the reel comes off the pool for storage?
My deck receives full sun so, I'd like to be able to roll the solar cover up and put it in the shed when not in use.
(any other things you could tell me about the reel would be appreciated)

Thanks,
Panzer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.