Solar Breeze Skimmer Robot: great so far

One of my skimmers has a leak and it would cost a mint to repair. One skimmer has not been getting the job done so I started to investigate alternatives. It has only been a few weeks but the Solar Breeze is really doing a good job. The concept is elegant, let the sun power the bot.

It works from mid-morning to early evening grabbing every bit of floating detritus. I love this thing. It holds a lot so I have only had to empty it once so far. As long as the batteries are able to retain a charge this thing is a winner.

I gave up on my skimmers and bought a Refurb Solar Breeze NX. It’s made a huge difference in my pool. It’s not perfect, but definitely worth the price.
I don’t like that I have to keep the pool level in such tight control, or that I can’t get it to swim straight. It swims in 10’ diameter right hand circles, but eventually hits a wall and redirects. This makes it cover the entire pool. If it breaks, I’ll enjoy taking it apart and trying to modify some things, wile I go looking for another.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.