SoCal *Splash* Pool

With better images and more time, I could do a better job of this for you. Not sure if this is helpful at all. Of course the patterns won't repeat like this, but if you squint you can get a general sense.

View attachment 166490
Wow, that's awesome that you did that! Are you able to flip-flop the tile? I'd love to see the wall in the white-ish tile. Then people can weigh in on those two options? And I can see which I like better! 😊

Duh, I just noticed your avatar has the tile in place. Is that not enough to go on? If you post a larger version of that (have you?), I can place the pool in your yard for you...
Sadly, the avatar has different wall dimensions. And there will be no grass. But if it's easier for you . . . here you go!!! (I am also sending the new rendition with correct wall dimensions, but I don't like that it's a zoomed in shot . . . makes the wall look so big!)

Attachments

• Pool Rendition_001.jpg
    Pool Rendition_001.jpg
    627 KB · Views: 74
  • Pool Rendition2.jpg
    Pool Rendition2.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Hi Neighbor, I'm in Carlsbad, not far from you. My husband actually works in Poway. Your view is wonderful out the back.

I love your tile choices. Those 1x1 tiles will look great on the wall. I am excited to see how your build goes.

I'm curious who your builder is? Maybe you can pm me since I think they don't want you to say them on here.

Hi Neighbor, I'm in Carlsbad, not far from you. My husband actually works in Poway. Your view is wonderful out the back.

I love your tile choices. Those 1x1 tiles will look great on the wall. I am excited to see how your build goes.

I'm curious who your builder is? Maybe you can pm me since I think they don't want you to say them on here.
Thanks. I'll pm you.

@kimkats I am right there with you when it comes to control issues. In one house my husband and I put down wood floors. I carefully picked each piece for each place. The wood warped and was recalled so the warranty covered ripping it out and having it reinstalled. It pained me to not have control over the wood pattern! And this one was way more varied. Finally had to tell them to mix it up more but not before a big area was done that drove me crazy. We moved after about a year so I didn’t have to see it anymore 🤪.
@Girija the tile looks great! I love the glass tiles. I think it will be beautiful with the sun hitting it 😊.

Reactions: Girija
@kimkats I am right there with you when it comes to control issues. In one house my husband and I put down wood floors. I carefully picked each piece for each place. The wood warped and was recalled so the warranty covered ripping it out and having it reinstalled. It pained me to not have control over the wood pattern! And this one was way more varied. Finally had to tell them to mix it up more but not before a big area was done that drove me crazy. We moved after about a year so I didn’t have to see it anymore 🤪.
@Girija the tile looks great! I love the glass tiles. I think it will be beautiful with the sun hitting it 😊.
Thanks Nikilyn! I love the glass tile too, I'm just not sure if it will be too much for that entire wall :oops: I can relate to your floor plank story, I've done the same thing with floor tiles!

Wow, that's awesome that you did that! Are you able to flip-flop the tile? I'd love to see the wall in the white-ish tile. Then people can weigh in on those two options? And I can see which I like better! 😊
So does the edge tile (the 6x6) go all along the water, even under the wall? Like I have it?

So one version is 6" edge tile along water, with 1" glass tile above?

And the other version is all 6" tile, from the water to the top of the wall?

Rendition 001 is the correct pool, but wrong wall?
Rendition 2 is the correct wall?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So does the edge tile (the 6x6) go all along the water, even under the wall? Like I have it?

So one version is 6" edge tile along water, with 1" glass tile above?

And the other version is all 6" tile, from the water to the top of the wall?

Rendition 001 is the correct pool, but wrong wall?
Rendition 2 is the correct wall?
1) Yes, just like you have it under the wall and all around the pool for waterline
2) Not sure what you mean by "one version" ?
3) The renditions (if that's what you mean by "version") are the PB's tile artistic license.
4) & 5) Correct. (Yes & Yes) regarding rendition questions.
OR, By "version" do you mean the two options I asked you about?

I was asking what versions you'd like to see me prepare, and how to place the tile in each version:

Version #1: pretty much what I did.

Version #2: the wall and the edge tile with all the same 6" tile (no 1" glass tile).

I was asking what versions you'd like to see me prepare, and how to place the tile in each version:

Version #1: pretty much what I did.

Version #2: the wall and the edge tile with all the same 6" tile (no 1" glass tile).
Aww, that's so nice! Thank you.
Yes on version #1.
Version #2 would be flip-flopped, with 6x6 on wall and glass waterline.

I was just watching this video and thought of you. She has a very large wall of glass tiles. It’s not your tiles but I think it might give you an idea of if you think it will be too much tile or not.

Reactions: Girija
Thanks Nikilyn. In my constant search for perfection :ROFLMAO: I already found and viewed this video online before. I'm pretty sure there is not a cascade wall on the internet I have not seen! The tile and pool is very pretty.
Dirk did a nice job putting the glass tile in the pic of my yard (pg 2 of this thread) and at this point, I'm pretty much sold on using the glass tile I've selected for the wall.
My concern is that the wall dimensions (see signature) are out of proportion to my small pool size and will look like a giant fountain rather that a pool! It's just so hard to tell from pics, and even from the cardboard cutout. 75% of the time I look out my window at the cardboard and think, "Too big!"
I'm going to ask my incredibly patient and obliging husband to make a new wall today w/ max height in middle 18" and sides 12" . . . time is running out and I need to decide asap!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikilyn
DEAR TFP, PLEASE SOUND OFF!
I'm looking for opinions on the dimensions of a cascade wall for my 12 x 28 splash pool!!! (More info in my Under Construction Thread)
My concern is that the wall dimensions (see signature) are out of proportion to my small pool size and will look like a giant fountain rather that a pool! It's just so hard to tell from pics, and even from the cardboard cutout. 75% of the time I look out my window at the cardboard and think, "Too big!" BUT, for weeks after we first put it out, I thought it looked good. 🤪o_O
What do you think? Leave 18" on sides and 24" in middle, or change to 18" middle and 12" sides, or something else??? I am open to any/all suggestions/ideas regarding heights and lengths . . . time is running out and I need to decide asap!
THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.