So pool shops are like anti virus software, they make the viruses to keep you coming back.

Sounds promising. Think you still need to share your logs in PoolMath, can't see them.

You wanna do the sensitive test (25ml) for TA, the others are fine with the standard test (10ml).

Ah, in the signature.

Salt us fine for the Virons.
Yeah the salt level was close the bottom of the 'pool shops' "range" so I asked If I should drop a 25kg bag in maybe 2 months back and he was fine with that. JFC so many drops lol

Link in profile and signature is good for me. Unsure why you cant if you cant.

Edit: Sweet, worried I screwed it.

Yep, all good. Overread the bit with the signature first and didn't have my phone sideways of course to have it in my face, and didn't see Aussieta's reply first because I must have had an older page in the cache still

Reactions: pshawman
Algae still visible? Do you have liquid chlorine at hand?
Sorry whipper snippin'!

Algae hasnt changed at all. Well hasn't gotten worse that i've noticed. But it has slowly increased over summer.

I can get as much chlorine as you want mate at good prices too. Top quality. And reliable supply. My wallet overfloweth, hurt me!

Edit: (5ish litres on hand, can get more just round corner no prob)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i would stock up on liquid chlorine now and start slamming
Stock up like 20/40/60/80 liters? I'm checking into the slam process now in depth.

Im feeling much more relaxed about this whole pool management thing already!
TFP legends, thanks.

How close is your chlorine source? Bunnings sells for example 15L return containers of 12.5% chlorine. You need about 4L of that to raise your FC by 10ppm. Use PoolMath to adjust that to your chlorine concentration.

Consider your CYA 40ppm, we usually round up to the next ten for the purpose of looking up your FC levels from the chart, so your SLAM level is 16ppm.

I'd say add your 5L now (is that 10% stuff?). Let the pump run and verify FC after half an hour. Then test again in the morning before the sun hits (pump should have been running for st least 30min prior to that, or just let the pump run through the night, that'll give us an idea how fast that chlorine is going. SWG should be off through the SLAM. Don't forget to reduce pH to 7.2 before starting the SLAM.

If your chlorine source is close, I'd start with maybe 30L and then see how you go.

Reactions: pshawman
2kg CYA certainly has a significant effect on pH. On the other hand, most of the CYA change is already visible, so I don't think that the potentially remaining CYA in the filter will get pH much more down.

I would test CYA and pH again before raising chlorine, and then lower pH if still in the upper 7s half.

@pshawman: That TA result of 50, was that from a standard test (10ml sample) or a high sensitivity test (25ml sample)? If from a 10ml sample test, TA could be closer to 25ppm then we'd like, make sure to verify that with a high sensitivity test, if not already done.

How close is your chlorine source? Bunnings sells for example 15L return containers of 12.5% chlorine. You need about 4L of that to raise your FC by 10ppm. Use PoolMath to adjust that to your chlorine concentration.

Consider your CYA 40ppm, we usually round up to the next ten for the purpose of looking up your FC levels from the chart, so your SLAM level is 16ppm.

I'd say add your 5L now (is that 10% stuff?). Let the pump run and verify FC after half an hour. Then test again in the morning before the sun hits (pump should have been running for st least 30min prior to that, or just let the pump run through the night, that'll give us an idea how fast that chlorine is going. SWG should be off through the SLAM. Don't forget to reduce pH to 7.2 before starting the SLAM.

If your chlorine source is close, I'd start with maybe 30L and then see how you go.
2 pool shops 1 minute away. Bunnings 30 secs away.

OK, imma do another FC free chlorine test now. And figure out what to dump in.

Heres all I know and can find about my chlorine.

Attachments

• chlorine.jpg
    chlorine.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 8
2 pool shops 1 minute away. Bunnings 30 secs away.

OK, imma do another FC free chlorine test now. And figure out what to dump in.

Heres all I know and can find about my chlorine.
new tests done.

Edit: So when I hot shops I should buy chlorine (check %), hydrochloric (im out), stuff to make ph go down, more CYA stuff prolly. Good list?

Last edited:
Just make sure the chlorine is "fresh" aka not made more than 3months ago. Do you know how to read date codes?

From Clorox:
After the plant code comes the date the bottle was made, which starts with the last two digits of the year, followed by the Julian date. Julian dates give the numbered day out of 365 total days in a year. For example, a bottle stamped A822 13019: 48CA3 was made in 2022 on the 130th day of the year, or May 10th.

Just make sure the chlorine is "fresh" aka not made more than 3months ago. Do you know how to read date codes?

From Clorox:
After the plant code comes the date the bottle was made, which starts with the last two digits of the year, followed by the Julian date. Julian dates give the numbered day out of 365 total days in a year. For example, a bottle stamped A822 13019: 48CA3 was made in 2022 on the 130th day of the year, or May 10th.
What if they fill it up out of a big tank? God Dang it. This is liquid chlorine im talking. I know theres bleach? you can do too but, believe it or not, I know even less about that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.