So much for waiting 2 years to update - 24 ft Matrix install

Re: So much for waiting 2 years to update - 24 ft Matrix ins

Glock said:
I was building stairs in 103 degrees so I feel ya there. Now its raining. Looks like my day is cut off at 4pm. Its supposed to rain for a few days. :(

Yeah that rain it supposed to hit us Monday. I'm going to try like crazy to get the site finished tomorrow morning, we had some rain right after I had the excavation done and I couldn't go near it for 3 days

It dropped them temp by a good 20 degrees. That part was nice. The rain? meh.. not so much.

Correction, it dropped 33 degrees. Rain ends at 6 and will be 90 again by 7. That is just wrong.

Yahoo!!!!! leveling is done. I've got a few low spots under some of the rails but those will be taken care of this afternoon. Next is lunch and then moving the sand from the driveway to the site.

18c407c7.jpg

And this is everything that I moved

e72b46a6.jpg

Well I ended putting in ten hours today but got a ton accomplished. Finished leveling, reset a paver that a rock took out, and moved a lot of sand before the rains come over the next few days. My 15yo daughter is a machine, she helped me load wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow. They are getting really excited because they know the next step is the walls going up. As I stated before we have a good couple days of rain coming so I will be planning the next steps in this project. Hoping to get the walls up by Thursday night since I'm off on Friday, that way I have all day Friday to get the cove installed and level/tamp the sand.

My sand pizza

21696a94.jpg

Ordered my pool from pool supply world Tuesday July 3rd about 6 pm eastern time said it could take up to three weeks then got an email Thursday morning stateing that my pool had shipped . Pool supply world is awesome and there prices for good pools can't be touched.

@dennard - I agree 100%, I ordered our Matrix from PSW on a Sunday night at around 6-7pm. Woke up the next morning to a shipping notice that everything but the liner had shipped(liners are made to order), got delivery on Thursday. I had a few bottom cuffs get damaged in shipping and PSW was very quick with the RMA and the replacements are due to arrive tomorrow.

Incredible prices and a very good company to boot :)

tick221 said:
@dennard - I agree 100%, I ordered our Matrix from PSW on a Sunday night at around 6-7pm. Woke up the next morning to a shipping notice that everything but the liner had shipped(liners are made to order), got delivery on Thursday. I had a few bottom cuffs get damaged in shipping and PSW was very quick with the RMA and the replacements are due to arrive tomorrow.

Incredible prices and a very good company to boot :)

Did you sweat the lo spots or did you just fill In the lo spots and tamp reel good

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

@dennard - I had so many rocks that it really depended on the size as to what I did. Anything smaller than a baseball the hole was left alone and the sand will be used to fill those when the whole area is tamped. Larger than baseball size I tried to not disturb the dirt around the rock as I was taking it out, I then used fill dirt and tamped with the end of a 2x4. I has three larger than basketball size rocks that I pulled out yesterday that would have messed with the bottom track. Those were also filled and tamped with the 2x4 to get into the nooks and crannies and then a 10x10 tamper. Those are the ones I'm nervous about, I know there will be settling over time so I will have to wait and see what happens. We are supposed to get rain over the next few days to that should help a little.

I was able to get the outside 4 feet of the ring about perfect,. Towards the center of the ring I got into what I call dead pan, compressed clay embedded with rock. For this area I got as close as I could without disturbing the soil by digging more rock out. The matrix install calls for a 2 inch base of sand, I should hit that over 85% of the site, the other 15% will have closer to an inch of compacted sand but it's over very hard compacted ground.

Thanks for the info I am trying to level mine and there are going to be some areas that I have to fill with dirt and tamp. This is a bigger job than I expected my wife told me yesterday that I must have really wanted a pool. Lol

dennard said:
Thanks for the info I am trying to level mine and there are going to be some areas that I have to fill with dirt and tamp. This is a bigger job than I expected my wife told me yesterday that I must have really wanted a pool. Lol

Just make sure your not building up the low side to match the high side. This will result in once side of the pool sinking as the raised side either compacts or gets washed away because it is loose earth. Leveling for a pool is the most important step and by far the most exhausting/aggravating step. The idea is to get the pool on level hard soil as much as possible.

I It took me a week of digging and leveling pavers but I look at it like this, I bought this because I wanted a permanent pool, I don't want to go through this again :)

Yea for sure the hardest part removing the sod about killed me thank god I rented a sod cutter which I also used to cut away a huge portion of dirt that had to be removed I'm not far of level now. Just to hot in the middle of the day having to work in Tue early morning and late afternoon this south Georgia heat and humidity is really rough. But I'm like you take my time get it right cause this is a permanent pool and we are building a really nice to go around will post pics and start a thread soon

While I will not say anything bad about PSW, Wilbar seriously needs to learn to pack their pools and parts for shipment better. I received 2 broken cuff plates(on each one of the tabs that hold the vertical was broken) when my pool arrived, PSW promptly got the RMA done and 2 replacement cuffs were shipped from Wilbar in NY. Today UPS dropped off once good cuff and one broken cuff(same damage as prior two). Once again PSW is top notch and getting Wilbar to ship me 2 more cuffs so at least I have a 50% chance at getting one good one.

So now it's the waiting game again :x

@Glock - It's the packaging, the way the cuffs are designed "could" be changed but if they packed a little better I don't think there would be a problem. They come in the boxes stacked on top of each other, and downward pressure (stacking boxes on a pallet, etc) could cause the thinner tabs to snap which is what happened to mine. The thing that aggravated me was they shipped the replacements in a box big enough for 4-6 cuffs and filled the rest of the box with shipping paper but the two cuffs were stacked on top of each other. The bottom one in the box was the one that was broken so they may have done it while packing and closing the box.

f6a4b613.jpg

A couple of my top caps are broken and they are also the plastic tabs like that. I think they all use crappy plastic. lol. My PB might have broken them but I am going to order new caps and rails to fix them myself.

MikeInNH said:
Looks like a bit of bubble wrap would go a long way there.

Exactly!! The rep that has been helping me at PSW says that Wilbar has had issues with this before and is supposed to have better packaging down the line but it is taking a while to kick in. I did get another call back from her this afternoon and they are going to try and overnight the parts to me this time, last time it was a 4 day wait. I told her the kids were starting to give me the stink eye and if I didn''t get the pool up soon I might be in for it :)

Once again 2 monstrous thumbs up for PoolSupplyWorld :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.