Snakes and Skimmers

I have a wooden dowel, 36" long with a little notch whittled into the end. Cost me all of 80 cents at Home Depot. For me, it's not about the critters, it's about me being lazy. I don't have to bend down to remove the lid OR the basket.

Voila! No stooping. No snakes. No rust. Like it!

How 'bout a pic for Andrea, so she can make one just like it?

I think the rope might be a tripping hazard. Take the skimmer lid to HD/Lowes and hunt around in the hardware dept for something like these that will fit in the hole enough to lift the lid. You might need two, you might be able to make do with one. Use washers to form a rudimentary handle, or if you're industrious you could drill a hole in a short length of dowel (also available at HD/Lowes) to make a nice wooden handle.

Keep it at your pad, or laying in the garden near your skimmer. If rusting will be an issue, find a galvanized hook, or even a stainless steel one.

View attachment 86983View attachment 86984

And we use an old decommissioned metal tent stake. Also, I know someone here who lifted the skimmer lid and didn't the the snake curled up inside the lid and not in skimmer basket. Always look.

Voila! No stooping. No snakes. No rust. Like it!

How 'bout a pic for Andrea, so she can make one just like it?

I'm on the road presently, but when I get home Sunday, I'll be happy to post a pic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.