Smaller intex or hard sided pool upgrade. Bang for buck?

Jun 2, 2011
East Texas
Hi everyone, I"m not on here much but here goes.
We have a 27' round intex, I am not sure about it making it this year. Plunger valve broke and about to jerry rig it so it will work till can get another but. IF one of these rails or the band on the top finishes rotting, that will be a Crud ton of water around the house. We normally get 3 to 5 years out of the intex but this one lasted about 3.
Should I just look into an oval hard sided? I'm thinking 18 x 33. Which would be the best brand for my buck? Anyone else do the same and switch up? I really don't want to be spending a bunch of money either though....
Advice? Suggestions?

If the rails are rusted already I would not even take the chance of putting it back up.

An oval pool is a sweet pool as you can swim a couple of good strokes before hitting the other side. As for brands get as much resin parts as you can and you are good.

Wild, I’m a bit late to the party but I’m where you are at. This will be last year for my current Intex, and while I want another AGP, I’m going to look for one that is more permanent. In Florida rust is a huge issue, so I’ll be going with as much resin as possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.