Small pool, spa combo with automation equipment selection

MDT

Jun 16, 2023
Knoxville, TN
We are planning to sign a contract soon with an experienced pool company and I need to give some specifics about the build for them. The pool will be 10 X 16 fiberglass with salt generator, gas heater, and a few spa jets in a bench area for 1 person. No deck jets or other water features installed. The equipment pad will not be easily accessible from the pool deck area.

I want to have automation with my phone to control heating, spa function, SWG, lights and of course the pump. I have been reading about Pentair and Jandy but not sure which is the best?

MDT,

Most pool builders install one brand of equipment. What does your pool builder use???

As a general rule you want the automation, the salt cell, and the pump to be all the same brand so that they can easily 'talk' with each other.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ah, well that will simplify my choice :) I haven't asked yet and his initial quote does not specify, but I have references from friends that have used this company. I will post again when I have specifics of their quote with all the details.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.