Small Bottom Buckle - Fix/Help?!

Foreternity

Jun 9, 2020
Canada
Hi all,

We have a brand new 15 foot steel AGP. Self-install but we did it right over 3 weeks with tilling, digging down, crusher dust pad (tamped with a rented tamper over 2 days in thin, wet layers), etc. 17 foot pad was level prior to install. Pool itself was installed over a sunny day, with measures filling during the warm days over 3 days. It’s been up for a week today and pool is level/water is level within 1/2 inch all around.

The problem: we happened to notice a small buckle at the bottom, near one of the leg posts. The wall is in the track and it’s behind the foam cove so I’m not sure yet if we can physically push it out from inside - or even if we should try that. I’ve read that it ‘may’ indicate a small high spot? In any event, I’m stressed beyond belief but hoping for some wise words from anyone out there!

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Pool wall.png
    Pool wall.png
    543.6 KB · Views: 17
I think it will be fine. Long ago I had a cheap Sears pool and it had several places like that since we put it up on unlevel concrete. it was fine. I would keep an eye on it for rust, as anywhere the steel flexes the paint gets stressed and that is the most likely place besides "edges" that rust will start. you may be able to fix it in 5 or 10 years when you do a liner replacement. ;)

Reactions: Mdragger88
That’s a very small spot, so long as it’s in the track & everything else is in place it’s fine.
Keep an eye on it but I wouldn’t loose sleep over it .
Thanks so much for the reply. If I physically can push it in (despite the cove), is that something I should attempt? Also, we were going to install the ladder around that area and it would be screwed onto the top rail. I’m wondering if I should rethink the ladder placement and move it over a panel. Just to potentially (theoretically?!) minimize the added stress/weight of the ladder and people on the top platform over that spot? I may be overthinking, haha.

I belong to some other AGP groups on Facebook and have seen a wide range of ‘successful installations’, despite looking messy/incorrect/super stressful to our untrained eyes 😬 And I don’t mean that in a bad way! Rather, there seems to be a range of what’s considered safe and ‘ok’ with these pools but it doesn’t lessen my stress any 😆

It doesn’t look creased so I thinks its good but I agree about it possibly rusting faster in areas with mild compromise.
For the ladder placement I would be sure to put an upright in the middle of the width of the steps. This helps ensure that if anyone sits or steps there the weight is mostly on the upright, not the top rail or the wall below. My kids know not to step on the top rails & if it’s necessary to use the post of the upright. The Installers instructed us to do this as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.