Small amount of pollen in salt cell - normal or bad filter?

rhawke

Bronze Supporter
Nov 27, 2017
Houston, TX
It's pollen season in Houston and I was about to clean my system. The 4 cartridge filters are loaded in pollen. Surprisingly pressure still barely went up at 25gpm.

I also noticed a few strings of oak pollen on the ic40 caught on the plates.

Is that normal that some minor amounts will pass through? Pool still looks clean. Or do I need to suck it up and replace my 5 year old cartridge filters?

It's pollen season in Houston and I was about to clean my system. The 4 cartridge filters are loaded in pollen. Surprisingly pressure still barely went up at 25gpm.

I also noticed a few strings of oak pollen on the ic40 caught on the plates.

Is that normal that some minor amounts will pass through? Pool still looks clean. Or do I need to suck it up and replace my 5 year old cartridge filters?
Nothing as large as that should be able to get through a filter. Check the air-relief screen in the filter. May have entered the lower manifold on opening the filter and removing the cartridges for cleaning.

Nothing as large as that should be able to get through a filter. Check the air-relief screen in the filter. May have entered the lower manifold on opening the filter and removing the cartridges for cleaning.
That air relief filter has been deformed for a while and never sits properly on top of the pipe. I already ordered a new one. So I guess replace that first and if stuff still gets through then I have to replace the filters? One has a little tear at the very bottom I noticed.

That air relief filter has been deformed for a while and never sits properly on top of the pipe. I already ordered a new one. So I guess replace that first and if stuff still gets through then I have to replace the filters? One has a little tear at the very bottom I noticed.
Get some PVC glue and daub it over the tear to seal it until you get new.