Slow Leak at Filter Pressure Valve

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
I cleaned our filters a couple weeks ago now I’ve noticed a very slight drip from the valve. I’ve tried to tighten it a bit more but that did not net any results.

Not sure if this info helps but the gauge on the filter is 16 psi at 3000 rpms and 9 psi in Pool Mode (not sure what psi that is.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Valve.jpg
    Valve.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 8
They leak when they get old. The gauges tend to become inaccurate, too. You can try disassembling, cleaning, replacing o-rings. Or you can buy new for not too much. Given the importance of the reading, replacing makes sense. Mine looks similar and cost $32. Turn off pump. Bleed pressure. Unscrew the old one. Screw on the new. Done in 5 minutes or less.

Thanks Generessler!

My system is about 4 years old and when a warrantied item was being replaced I asked them to replace my old one. I was thinking it may be the o-rings. It sound like I don't need to open the filter, it just screws in from the top. I'll see if Home Depot or Lowes carries these, if not make a trip to Leslie's. Heck this is not so time senstive, I can jump on Amazon and pick up a couple.

Tighten by hand only, do not use a wrench. The plastic bodies on the high flow air relief valves can not handle high torque. It should snug right into place with hand tightening.

I have rebuilt the internal seals before. It’s cheap to do but rarely lasts for long. Easier to just buy a new assembly and be done with it.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.